Sponsor our Revive Kids Program at SBS!
It's Back to School time, which means it's also Back to Step By Step weekly Revive time! Our 2023-2024 season launches in September, and our Revive Kids programming will be better than ever. Based on SWOT analysis and best practices developed with professional educators, our moms, and our kids, we plan to improve our program this year by:
- Hiring a paid Children's Coordinator. A paid position has been a financial impossibility over the past few years, and the position has been staffed by wonderful volunteers. However, we recognize that prioritizing safety requires consistency. And investing in a position that will fund the opportunity for an individual to think about implementation as part of their job is what is required.
- Recruiting Revive Kids Leaders, who will be consistent leaders in each room from week to week who are certified in First Aid and CPR. Again, the ability to pay them for their time provides consistency and longevity and ensures the kids see the same faces and the volunteers have a uniform experience.
- Continuing to refine our check-in and check-out process for the safety and security of our moms and their kids.
- Adapting the Awana curriculum to the needs of our children, teaching them Bible lessons and Scripture memorization setting a foundation that will last a lifetime.
- Adding an additional night of programming on Tuesday nights (in addition to Thursday night Revive nights), which means adding additional staffing constraints and the need to accommodate children for the short-term life-skill intensive workshops for SBS moms, focused on topics such as financial literacy.
This year we are asking 50 people to sponsor our Revive Kids Program with a one-time donation of $100 to help us continue to offer top-notch children's programming to every child that we serve.
What is Revive Kids?
Every Thursday night during the school year, and now many Tuesday nights, we pick up young single moms ages 12-24 and their children for SBS programming. For all SBS programming, we provide free transportation, a hot meal for the family, and bring dynamic programming to these young moms. At Revive nights, we discuss critical life skills including mental and physical health, finances, education and career, and parenting so that every young mother we see has the knowledge and opportunity to create a better life for herself and her children, and opportunities to succeed. On Tuesday nights, we offer our Level Up Series, semester-based workshops that dive deeper on topics relevant to our young single moms, such as financial literacy and parenting.
We desire to also provide a safe, fun, and encouraging programming evening for the children as well. That’s where you come in! Kids represent the greatest opportunity to make a long-term impact on our world for Christ. Awana is a children’s ministry curriculum that establishes welcoming, supportive environments where kids, from every background and cultural setting, learn how a personal relationship with Christ affects their everyday lives. Awana reaches kids for Christ through fun, Scripture-rich experiences that lead them to know, love, and serve Him.
Oftentimes, Step By Step is the only church these kids attend. Partnering with us means more children in Lexington hear the Gospel in relevant and impactful ways that lead them to lifetime relationships with Jesus.